Thermomix Bacon and Mushroom Potato Bake is a delicious side dish and it is so simple to create your own using the Thermomix.
Making a potato bake can seem time consuming but this recipe is quick and easy and can be cooked in advance as it is just as good reheated
250mL Pure Cream
5 grams olive oil
1 small onion
5 shortcut pieces of bacon
40 grams mushrooms
10 grams cheese
5 potatoes – sliced
Extra cheese for the finished potato bake
1. Preheat Oven to 200 degrees
2. Place Oil, Onion and Bacon into the Thermomix Sauté on Varoma setting for 3 minutes speed 1 with MC on.
2. Add Mushrooms, Cream and cheese to the bowl and Sauté on Varoma setting for 4 1/2 minutes speed 1
3. Place sliced potato into a baking dish creating a series of layers.
4. Pour mixture into the baking dish and lightly mix through the potato layers
5. Cover the baking dish with foil and place in the oven for 40 minutes.
6. Remove foil after 40 minutes and place cheese over the top and return to the oven for 10 minutes or until cheese is golden.
Hot Tip – I like to prepare my potatoes in advance and place into a bowl of cold water and back in the fridge before cooking.